NEWS & UPDATES
With support from the New York Islanders as part of their Amateur Hockey Development Program, the Burnaby Junior Islanders Program was officially launched in August of 2017.
Originally conceived to be a 2007 only age group, interest grew and we anticipate starting the 2020 Spring Season with 2 x 2006, 3 x 2007, 2 x 2008 team, 1 x 2009, and 1 x 2010 birth year teams.
The Burnaby Junior Islanders will be based out of Burnaby, British Columbia, and train primarily out of Burnaby Winter Club, Planet Ice Coquitlam, Burnaby 8 Rinks and Catalyst Kinetics in Burnaby. Occasional sessions Delta Planet Ice, as well as Excellent Ice in Surrey.
The CORE focus of this program will be on youth skills DEVELOPMENT, fitness, competitiveness, sportsmanship, and camaraderie. The teams will have the opportunity to practice and play starting in April through the end of May, competing in 2 to 3 Lower Mainland tournaments and 1 travel tournament, depending on the wishes of each team’s coaches. Players will also have the opportunity to play 3 on 3, and supplemental travel tournaments throughout Canada and the USA as opportunities arise.
Preparations start in the fall and winter of 2019, with occasional skates and training sessions on a bi-monthly basis in preparation for next year’s season.
For more information about our program, or about how your child may participate, please contact us.
LEARN. COMPETE. EXPERIENCE.
The Objective of the Burnaby Junior Islanders Spring Youth Development Program is to work on specific skills and behaviours to help our players improve, mature, and make marked improvement over a short period of time. We are a dedicated and focused group who expect that same level of commitment from our players and player families. We strive to mimic a professional experience and environment and our goal is to create lifelong friendships and memories for all our families.
Past Weekly Development Series:
April 1st, 2019 – May 31st, 2019
- 1 x Hockey Skills Development Session with Santorelli Hockey Development
- 1 x Off Ice Strength & Conditioning Session with Adam Nugent Hopkins
- 1 x Skating Session with Victor Kraatz
- 1-2 on ice Tactical Drills Session (alternating with Tournaments/Games)
- Additional Specialized Sessions: Goaltending with PFGS founder Sean Murray, PEP with John Calvano, Power Skating with Karen Kos
- 2017/18 Inside Edge 3 on 3 Atom Elite (1st Place)
- 2018 Pacific Spring Showcase (8th Place – 2007 Elite)
- 2018 Kelowna Heat Blast Tournament (4th Place – 2007 AAA)
- 2018 Pacific Elite Prospects Showcase (5th Place – 2007 Elite)
- 2018 Quest for the Cup Tournament (1st Place – 2007 AAA)
- 2018 Excellent Ice Pond Hockey 3 on 3 (1st Place 2007 Tier 1/3rd place 2005 Tier 4)
- 2018 Whistler All Star Tournament (3rd Place – 2007 AAA)
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION: